Sunday 15 June 2014

Scrapbooking Top 50 June Challenge

Good afternoon!  I have had a very sleepy day today but I did this layout last night and thought I would share.  The sketch challenge at Scrapbooking Top 50 is:

  

I have seen sooooo many gorgeous layouts that use layers and texture and are so arty and I so wanted have a go.  This is my first effort and although I am not entirely happy with it, I think it has inspired me to keep trying.


This was a really old photo, about 10 years old but we had extra copies so I used one.  I found that if you use the heat gun near it it start to shrink!  So I did it all around the outside to create another layer.



I have had this little resin frame for a while now and wasn't sure how I was going to use but it worked in well with the colours of this layout so I used it to highlight a rose bloom.


Thanks for checking it out and hopefully I will get the hang of this style and put up some better examples in the future! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment